Okay its not THE Pond - as some call the ocean. And it is not just A Pond - as in smaller than a lake. It is a lake! I enjoy living on it and spending time on my back porch listening to music, gazing at the lake and pondering.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Bowling On New Years Eve

Maverick, Debbie and I went bowling for New Year's Eve. It was a short trip - through the entry hall and into Maverick's new game room. Over the last few months Debbie emptied the 3rd bedroom of bed and dresser and Amber, Mickey and she painted 3 walls grey and a 4th wall "stadium red." On one wall she put a good-sized "fathead like" bulldog looking as though it is bursting through the wall. One day we will get a couch for this room but in the mean time it houses his toys, games and other stuff.

For Christmas Santa brought our family a Wii. We needed this system because Maverick only had 3 types of video game systems, in all shapes and forms, and that is bad luck as you have to have an even number because Maverick does not like uneven numbers. I suggested we sell or give away one of his 3 then he would have an even number but that did not go far.

Santa though having a Wii would get us moving more. He might have been right. Debbie has already pulled a muscle in her backside and my should could use a rubdown. Maverick seems to be okay so far.

Another Santa's justifications was this would save us money. Going bowling at the Lanes at Coffee Creek in Owasso can take a good chunk from your wallet. Maverick and I bowled 3 games there in the fall and it cost us $30. I did the math last night and our first game of bowling cost us about $500. So it was a good deal.

Math is a great thing. So I began to realize the more games you play, your average cost per game comes down. We played a good 3 or 4 hours and by the the end of the evening we had the average cost per game down to $17.84. I wanted to play again to bring the cost down again but about the time we were about to play again when I realized I could not feel my right arm any longer.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: