Okay its not THE Pond - as some call the ocean. And it is not just A Pond - as in smaller than a lake. It is a lake! I enjoy living on it and spending time on my back porch listening to music, gazing at the lake and pondering.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

It's Springtime - Time for FB!!

I know what you are thinking - you're thinking FaceBook. The social networking site is quite popular. My sisters, children, many cousins, friends, coworkers and borderline crazy people have accounts there and have accepted my friendship there. My mom is even thinking of getting a computer so she can keep up with us there!

Well, FaceBook would be a good guess for FB. After all that is the way us techno savvy folks abbreviate it when mentioning it as we are posting on each other's wall. However, in this case FB stands for Fraidyhole and Baseball.

Debbie and Maverick spend a lot of quality time in the fraidyhole - which in our case is a walk-in closet that is a safe room. I wrote of this last March in my blog Spring Thunderstorms. Debbie and Maverick have been in there a couple of times already this spring. Maverick is even learning to like sitting in there with his Granny. I continue to watch the storms.

Baseball season began last thursday. It was cold for that first game but Maverick got a single. I captured the picture after he had already hit the ball. I think the shutter was slow because of the cold. I am posting the photo here. We practice this morning for a couple of hours. I like even watching practice. I LOVE BASEBALL!




2 comments:

preacherman said...

I am scared to do face book.
Don't know how and too many people on it.
Do you have to have a picture to have an account? Does it cost? If so, how much?

There are just so many questions I have about face book.

I am glad you are blogging again. I love your blog.
It is one of my favs.
I am sorry I haven't stopped by in a while. I am suffering with severe migraines and neurological problems. I ask you keep me in your prayers as the doctors find what is wrong.
I will strive to visit your blog when I have a good day.
Until then, God bless and don't forget to stop by my blog. I just posted a new post bro.

preacherman said...

Ponderer,
I am so very sorry brother.
I ask for your forgiveness as I had more questions about face book than friday baseball. I love baseball. I love the Texas Rangers. I also enjoy watching minor league and high school teams.
Two years ago I even coached my sons T-ball team and that was tons of fun as the kids played for fun and didn't keep score. The parents enjoyed it as well. Taking pictures, and cheering their kids on. At the end of the season every single kid that played got a trophy. It was so cool.

Right now, two of my sons are playing soccor for the first time and enjoying that sport. I told my wife the other day when we got in our mini van that she was offically a "Soccer Mom". We had a great laugh.

I am just trying to cherish each moment with my boys. Living as every day could be my last day. I could.

I appreciate our friendship and your blog is definately one of my favs.
Keep up the great work you do with your blog brother.