Okay its not THE Pond - as some call the ocean. And it is not just A Pond - as in smaller than a lake. It is a lake! I enjoy living on it and spending time on my back porch listening to music, gazing at the lake and pondering.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Our Thanksgiving lunch will be at our house this year. I have been pondering this past few days and I think this is the first Thanksgiving lunch we have hosted. In a few hours Debbie's mom and husband - Darlene and Joe, Debbie's brother - Mike, Amber and Mickey, and a co-manager of mine at Verizon Business- Mario, will gather for the traditional food.

Thanksgiving is THE favorite holiday of mine. The ONLY expectation on this day is good food, time with each other, football and most importantly, thankfulness. Debbie was home from at 3pm yesterday and was on her feet until 11:30pm cooking. She had been stopping at the store every night for a week picking up ingredients for this Thanksgiving feast. The aromas created last night made me very hungry and the Sonic burgers I fetched for our supper last night only served to keep us from digging into the food right then.

This morning Debbie is up early again at 5:30 giving the bird to the her lunch. Maybe I should re-state what I meant. What I meant was she was giving the bird its final rites. It has already been stuffed, rubbed and pampered and bagged. She used a recipe of a FOOD NETWORK chef, Giada De Laurentiis. It is called Turkey with Herbes de Provence and Citrus. It looks good and I just lifted it from the kitchen island and placed it into the oven for her.

So a blog would not be right to post today without a short list of what I am thankful for and praying for:
a deeper understand of GOD
our great country
current President - a good man who has protected us well
men and women of the armed service
President to be - acting not as radical as he talked so maybe prayers are being heard
my family
my friends
my health
my place on the Pond

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: