Okay its not THE Pond - as some call the ocean. And it is not just A Pond - as in smaller than a lake. It is a lake! I enjoy living on it and spending time on my back porch listening to music, gazing at the lake and pondering.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Get A Clue

It was Maverick's choice for our Friday night activity. I was hoping it would be a movie. When watching a movie, as long as I don't snore, I can catch a few winks if it is a movie I have seen before or am not interested in. But most times I really enjoy the movie. Over the last two weekends we had a STAR WARS marathon. We got all six movies in over the two weekends.

Last night Maverick pulled a fast one on us. He wanted to play a board game and chose the game CLUE. We have played this before and I know it becomes important for Debbie to win so I knew it was important to keep shoes on in case I got my toes stomped under the table in all the excitement. So, we popped popcorn and started the game.

Miss Scarlett, that would be Debbie, got off to a quick start. If you were to believe her, she had the murder solved after her first couple of inquiries.

Mr. Green, Maverick, gets better every time he plays. He learns quickly which worries me. He has picked up on his granny's skill of asking about weapons, rooms and suspects in his own hand.

I, Professor Plum, on the other hand, tries to be honest in all my questions. I prefer to use the art of reasoning to the deviousness of deception.

I won by default because my two opponents chose to guess before they actually knew.

Right now I am ready to make an accusation: Robb Clanton, in the kitchen with the coffee maker. I need to wake up.

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Is it Professor Plum or Professor Plump? (Sorry couldn't resist)

Hey I'm with you on the "movie watching" ... the grands and I watch some very exciting ones like "Cars" or "Ice Age". I generally sleep through the ones the Warden picks!!

kvedwards said...

Hope you guys have a good Thanksgiving! Sorry we aren't going to be there... I know we are missing a great feast!!