Okay its not THE Pond - as some call the ocean. And it is not just A Pond - as in smaller than a lake. It is a lake! I enjoy living on it and spending time on my back porch listening to music, gazing at the lake and pondering.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Saturday's Fun

I haven't enjoyed a day such as Saturday in a long time. What a fun American flavored weekend!

The weather was absolutely perfect. The sun was ablaze in a beautiful blue sky. The reflection on the pond was superb. The temperature was a pleasant fall temperature.

Debbie, Maverick and I went to the 3pm showing of the Ringling Bros Barnum and Bailey Circus. While I had been to a circus before those experiences pale in comparison. We did not take our camera because the last event I went to at the BOK Center did not allow photos. I could kick myself! They had elephants, horses, dogs, tigers, goats, contortionists, trapeze artists, clowns, motorcyclists, jugglers, and so much more. What a great time.

Maverick and I then went to a University of Tulsa football game with my good friend, Royce Stalter. TU revamped the stadium over the winter and the results are beautiful. The whole campus has had so much improvement in the last few years that the university is truly a jewel. We saw 56 points scored...in the 1st quarter! It looked like the winner of this game was going to be the last team who scored. However, TU's defense stiffened and only allowed 7 more points which were scored in the 2nd quarter. The game ended with the highest score I have witnessed (other than in Arena Football) 77-35 with the home team winning. The Golden Hurricane are now 7 and 0.

A great fall day filled with American tradition. Both activities began with the Star Spangled Banner. I was proud of Maverick as he stood at attention, hand over heart in salute to our flag and country. We live in such a wonderful country with many challenges at our door. But I would not want to live in any other place.

1 comment:

Jim said...

That sounds like a super weekend.
I need to check TU's national ranking. I'm surprised that are not getting more press!