Okay its not THE Pond - as some call the ocean. And it is not just A Pond - as in smaller than a lake. It is a lake! I enjoy living on it and spending time on my back porch listening to music, gazing at the lake and pondering.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday Morning at the Donut Shop


Donut Day
On Fridays Maverick and I make a stop at the Daylight Donuts shop in Skiatook. I don't know if they're this busy every day but I do know they are packed on Fridays! I love the sausage rolls - especially when they are still warm! Maverick likes them too but loves the sugary stuff best of all. We usually share the different flavors while greeting folks we know as they rush in and out. We see some of his school friends, neighbors, and local business owners. It is quite the hub of the town from 7 to 7:30 on Friday mornings.

Here's your Sign
(with a tip of the hat to comedian Bill Engvall)
This morning while we were sitting enjoying our rolls and watching the folks in line I overheard a couple of men talking - they obviously knew each other. Their conversation started out like this:
"Hey, How you doin'?"
"Okay. You?"
"Alright. You here for donuts?"
I had to chuckle out loud and almost spewed my coffee! And have been grinning all day from that question. I never heard what the other fellow answered but I had several responses rattling around in my head all day! You have any? Leave a comment.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Donuts? I thought this was the police station.

Here's your sign.