Okay its not THE Pond - as some call the ocean. And it is not just A Pond - as in smaller than a lake. It is a lake! I enjoy living on it and spending time on my back porch listening to music, gazing at the lake and pondering.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Donuts - More Than Just Dough

Fridays mornings are Maverick's and my day to celebrate by eating donuts at the Daylight Donuts in Skiatook. I have written of this before back on February 28, 2008 in a blog titled Friday Morning at the Donut Shop. People meet in the donut shop share coffee and donut and enjoy the morning.

This morning the shop was especially busy with people coming and going. We noticed one of his basketball teammates, Jerry's mom, come in. Then, another one of his teammates and classmate, Sawyer, and his mom came in and visited about the prior night's game, which we lost by a couple of baskets, and how good everyone played. Then, they bought their donuts and were on their way.

I mentioned to Maverick, "Boy howdy, people sure like donuts don't they?"

Maverick leaned across the table and whispered, "Especially old people!"

You see, most of the booths are occupied by older men who gather to visit for a good while. Some are there when we arrive and still there after we eat and leave. I would like to think I could join that crowd some day but I suspect I will not be able to tarry long as I will have a greeter position at the Rogers Blvd Wal-Mart.

I said, "Well, what about you? He said, "I must be old too!" He did not make sense but at 7:00 in the morning it made me laugh.

No comments: