Okay its not THE Pond - as some call the ocean. And it is not just A Pond - as in smaller than a lake. It is a lake! I enjoy living on it and spending time on my back porch listening to music, gazing at the lake and pondering.

Monday, June 2, 2008

This and That

I have noticed my last two posts have been in regards to my medical treatments. And since this is not a medical journal I thought I would turn the page to a more beautiful subject. It is springtime at the pond. I have the week off from work and will be watching Maverick at his baseball camp this week and enjoying the mornings on the back porch with a cup of coffee.


This spring has been an active one in the weather department which I predicted in my blog of March 18th. Saturday and Sunday were exceptional and I saw on Good Morning America this morning that the Tulsa area made the national news. Maverick and Debbie have spent so much time in the safe room (Maverick’s closet) that I am thinking about hanging a hammock in there for them. Debbie captured this picture as the storms rolled through Sunday morning. You can see the clearing line moving in from the west. We were without electricity from 10:00am until 4:30pm.


And then, this morning the lilies were really beginning to open up in Debbie’s flower garden. I have this photo here and have replaced the photo in my title page with another taken this morning. It really is a lot prettier in person.






Maverick’s 1st day of baseball camp went pretty well. He is the oldest in the group of 8 that are in the camp. But this is a small and beneficial camp for these reasons: 1) it is a confidence builder for him which I hope will cause him to play with more confidence with his team, 2) he is getting a lot of the fundamentals reiterated and reinforced, 3) He’s the big man on campus and he is really doing a good job being an encourager and mentor to the younger boys. Next year he moves to the next level in the camp (3rd thru 5th graders). This photo shows him and the high school coach during today’s practice.

No comments: