Okay its not THE Pond - as some call the ocean. And it is not just A Pond - as in smaller than a lake. It is a lake! I enjoy living on it and spending time on my back porch listening to music, gazing at the lake and pondering.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Baseball and Fundraising

It is baseball season! I love baseball. Maverick is on a really neat team with a couple of first rate coaches. Expenses to the kids and their parents are minimal because of some sponsorships they have arranged. But it costs money to be in tournaments and to be in a league. It is important to have fundraising events to be able to do everything the team wants to do. And so our team is doing that.

This year's event is selling raffle tickets for a 2008 Chevrolet HHR vehicle. http://www.chevrolet.com/hhr/ Tickets are $5 a chance and 100% of the proceeds goes to the team. Now that is pretty cool. And I suspect ones odds of winning are much better than in playing the lottery. I am not writing this to get you to buy. This is a happy blog. So read on!

Tonight, Maverick's other grandparents dropped by for a visit. They love Maverick. They love him so much they bought $100 worth of tickets. That touched my heart. I have always liked Jack and Diane for several reasons that I don't have time to go into here. Every time they stop by they bring Maverick a gift. Tonight it was a gift to me in a real way. So I have idea for our piece of this continuing fundraising program: I am inviting them back over next week!

No comments: